Wednesday, March 9, 2011

90% Knitting - Episode 7



So sorry for the horrible lighting in this episode! Between needing to have my ceiling light on and my unforunate choice of a hot pink shirt (never! again!), the colors in this episode are quite off at some parts. Blargh. :( 

Thank you to everyone who introduced themselves in the Ravelry group this week! We've over 200 members now, and to celebrate that, I did a couple of random drawings. Wombatknitter and flangel813 will both be receiving a little something direct from my stash!

ON THE NEEDLES:
FINISHED OBJECTS:
  • I got nuthin'.
ON THE WHEEL/IN THE DYE:
  • No spinning, but I dyed some roving and several skeins of self-striping worsted weight. Still testing out colorways for the shop! Shared some swatches of how they might knit up.
DESIGN PROJECTS:
  • Planning outlines for upcoming classes I'll be teaching at a LYS, Stormy Blue, this month and next.
OOPS:
  • Beret de Printemps mess...I should NOT knit lace while watching TV, no matter how simple the chart seems.
RESOURCES/RECOMMENDATIONS:
10%:
  • Stash enhancement - I fell down with a large Rios purchase from TLE's update last Monday. Also received a lovely skein of Wollmeise in the mail in a swap, and I won a TLE gift certificate as well as a skein of Bugga in Blue Lobster from the Spring Fling Feb. KAL.
  • This week's Ravelry group Quickie KAL pattern is the Mitered Leaf Shamrock, by Vickie Howell. Great way to knit a little something for St. Patrick's Day next week and use up some leftovers in the process!

4 comments:

Betty said...

Hi - Could you talk to us about how you dyed your moody blues sock yarn? From the white color, how did you plan your repeats? They are so even. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa, The yarns you are dying are really turning out so beautiful, are you sure you just started dying? I'm looking forward to your new shop opening.
Now let's open my Buddy Case. I have in it several types of stitch markers,scissors,retractable tape measure,row counter,needle threader,and a few needles in the lid.I use that divider in the lid to keep those needles secure. I put it in whatever project bag I'm taking with me and I always have what I would need with me.
I'm going to the Wooster show this year, maybe we'll get to meet.
Thanks for your great video-casts
Sherri

Bev Love said...

The striped yarns are amazing, you are dying such a great variety. Your stash enhancement was very impressive this week. Wow. I have a red Namaste buddy case, it is still in the box.

Unknown said...

I just wanted you to know I was here. *waves* :)
Everyone with their Plain Vanilla socks makes me want to try it but I'm a little scared of the afterthought heel. lol