Saturday, April 3, 2010

Caricia

Blocked last night before I went to bed, unpinned this morning in between cooking for Easter, Part I, at my in-laws' today, which is where the pictures were taken...

 I love the way the colors flowed in the spinning from the palest cornsilky color up to some deeper, sunflowery yellows.

 Finished dimensions are 35" down the center and 70" across the wingspan.

 Plenty long enough to wrap around me!

 I think I was trying to look deep and thoughtful here...hm.

Ok, so it is bugging me that the center line of the shawl is not centered on my back in this picture! But my daughter was doing photographer duty, and she was like, "Yes! It's FINE!" So. :}

And just to recap, this is Anne Hanson's Caricia pattern, knit to the middle size (called "petite" in the pattern). The yarn is my handspun, which started out as BamHuey, a merino/bamboo blend from NewHueHandspuns, colorway Sun Beams.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It turned out gorgeous! I love the yellow/gold color of the yarn too. :)

Anonymous said...

Sooooooo PRETTY!! That color is gorgeous on you!! Great job!

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Beautiful shawl! And I'm jealous of your shorts weather; we're back to cold and rainy here.

Happy Easter!

ChelleC said...

Looks wonderful on you.

Lisa B. said...

Thanks, everyone! I'm really happy with how it turned out! :)