Monday, June 1, 2009

Life is good...

...you know? Sometimes you can't explain why, it just is. There are times when it dawns on me that I'm having a most excellent day. I want to take a deep breath and inhale all of the beauty and goodness and light and joy around me because I can't believe how good it is. I want to sing loudly with every song I hear. I want to laugh with my kids. I want to do everything I enjoy doing, all at the same time. I want to drink in the green of the trees and the blue of the sky and absorb the heat of the sun all the way to my core.

Today was one of those days. I felt inexplicably happy and thankful for my life. It is a good life. And even though I know that any number of variables in my life could turn on a dime and come crashing down around me, days like today give me hope that maybe, even in the face of trauma or tragedy, I'd still be able to say, "Life is good," because as much as it might seem otherwise, I know it isn't the circumstances that make it so. It's the One who made it all, and he never turns or changes.

Life is good. :)

So is this recipe for Whole Wheat Banana Nut Bread I made today. We had one sad, black-ish banana in the basket, and I suddenly found myself craving banana nut bread last night. Despite my penchant for late-night baking, I was too tired to make it last night when the urge was strong, but I did at least search up this healthier recipe for it and made it this morning. Yummy! (The only changes I made to the recipe were to substitute 1/2 c. applesauce for the oil and to add about a tsp. of cinnamon.)

My weekend knitting consisted solely of working on the garter borders for my swap afghan...

...it's coming along and I'm totally loving it. I got all four vertical strips joined, and now I'm working on joining the third strip to the first two that are already together. I love the crazy colors and how they're just there, random. I can't wait to have it done! This week. That is my goal for this week...to finish this fun, crazy, happy project. (Then I'll return to the lace!)

Happy scraps!


No comments: