Thursday, February 19, 2009

Emerald...


Oh, lovely Malabrigo worsted in the Emerald colorway...how beautiful you are! May your finished product be equally enamoring!

What will the Emerald become? I'm casting on today...stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~

Before they get lost in the detritus that accumulates on my computer, I wanted to share the photos of the yummy things I picked up last weekend at the Pittsburgh Knitting & Crochet Festival...

This is a milk protein/sea cell/merino roving from Creatively Dyed, and it is without a doubt one of the softest things I've ever felt in my life! It reminds me of the white, downy fibers in a milk weed pod. I've never spun with milk protein or seacel before, so it will be a new adventure!

This lovely fiber (also very soft) is from River's Edge Weaving Studio and is a merino/seacel blend (part of their collection that they lovingly refer to as "surf & turf"...LOL).

I wasn't going to buy yarn, just roving, but...well...you know how that goes...


These four skeins of hand dyed yarn come from Brooks Farm Yarn and were purchased for the specific purpose of making this very cool shawl that they had on display. It reminded me of an old-fashioned granny square afghan in its design, and I am a sucker for a good, old-fashioned granny square. LOL (The pattern is knit, not crochet, just to be clear.)

Lastly...


Cashmere. Need I say more?

No comments: