Monday, September 15, 2008

Countdown...

Today is Monday. On Thursday, noon-ish, Amy and I will climb into her CR-V, make the obligatory beginning-of-road-trip Starbucks stop and commence heading east by northeast to Gloucester via a stop-over in Hartford. 

Three days and counting.

We've been planning this trip for well over a month now, and it's always seemed off in the distance, as these things usually do. Now it seems imminent. It is imminent! And that's exciting, as I love to travel. I love road trips, especially those Amy and I take together. I've never been to Gloucester, so I'm looking forward to seeing the quaint seaside village that has been described to me, as well as its neighbor, Rockport. I look forward to the possibility of a whale-watching trip, and many, many photo opportunities. I look forward to a few relaxing days with books and knitting and coffee shops and the beach. And while Amy is not a knitter, I hope she will indulge me by facilitating a yarn shop trip or two over the five days we'll be gone, which I undoubtedly will enjoy. 

Furthermore, I look forward to seeing Denise, a friend whom I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting in person, who readily paints with her words charming visions of the northern coast of Massachusetts. And en route, I look forward to meeting up with a couple of Ravelry friends (also as of yet unmet in person) for an early lunch in Hartford. 

It will all be good. 

But until Thursday, I have a lot to do. Three full days of school (and an abbreviated day on Thursday morning). Balancing the checkbook and paying bills. Going to the grocery store/pharmacy. Rearranging some appointments for when I get back, as I have myself double-booked. Doing laundry. And, of course, packing -- and as any knitter knows, it takes more energy and time to choose and pack your knitting projects for a trip than it does your clothes. :}

I best get busy!

1 comment: