Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Goin' to Candy Mountain...

So, yesterday I followed the magical liopleurodon's* directions to Candy Mountain...the land of sweets and joy, and joyness...er, ok...yesterday, I went to the Apple store. But seriously? Compared to the prospect of buying a new PC and having to face the Darkness and Evil Doom that is currently known as Vista [insert "Jaws" shark-approach or "Psycho" stabbing-scene music track -- your choice], going to the Apple store to buy a pretty, pretty new MacBook seems like a trip to Candy Mountain. Without the kidney loss.

And here she is...meet Buffy!


Isn't she pretty? And look at her pretty apple icon...

And here she is getting to know my Facebook page...


My old laptop has been dying a slow death for a while now. I've been trying to resurrect it so I can at least use it for word processing, but it's just too hit or miss. After surprisingly little discussion, the hub actually encouraged me to go buy the MacBook. I haven't used a Mac in over 15 years, but so far, no major trauma about that. It's prettiness is enough to make me overlook the things I have not yet figured out. And I did buy Office for the Mac, so I'm not completely starting from scratch with everything.

On the way home from the Apple store, I stopped at a yarn shop that I don't get to very often. Me and the yarn diet? Yeah. Not going so well this past week. Bought yarn last Friday and Saturday because I was back at the shop for one last hurrah (and since I bought yarn there, I opted to just be really bad and ordered some from The Loopy Ewe, too...just like a regular diet...you blow it for lunch, you might as well eat the bag of chips and a few cookies after dinner too, since the day's already shot). Anyhoo...I found this beautiful prettiness at the yarn shop yesterday...


It's Dream in Color's "Smooshy" in Deep Seaflower. Gawd, is it gorgeous! I bought two skeins to have enough to make a shawl or something lovely and lacy to show off the color changes. Can't wait to play with it. Now I must get back on the yarn wagon. Really. I must.

*(If you have no idea what a magical liopleurodon is -- as opposed to an actual liopleurodon, which I linked to a wiki above -- or what happens at Candy Mountain, please, oh please, watch this video...



And just a head's up...it gets funnier every time you watch it. Drinking helps. Just sayin'. (Courtesy of My Children...who think it is ridiculously funny even without alcohol.)

1 comment:

kimby said...

My own iBook "Lappy" bids a warm welcome to Buffy. May this be the beginning of a beautiful friendship for you.