Monday, February 18, 2008

Insanity rules...

...seriously...I'm feeling a little on the edge right now. Zach's boot camp graduation is this week. I have one more day to get everything accomplished before we leave, including digging out warm-weather clothes so I can pack for the post-grad/FL part of the trip. I have a mad, mad list of crazy little to-do items all flying around my brain, much like those bewitched keys flew around Harry in The Chamber of Secrets. I need to try and capture them in a neat (long!) list so I hopefully won't forget anything.

That said, I'm behind on a lot...I've got pictures to post on Inspired 365 (+1) but may not get to them until after I'm home. I probably have e-mail to reply to that, again, might have to wait until I get back. If you are waiting to hear from me about something and it cannot wait, please e-mail me and put lots of exclamation points in the subject line and I'll try to respond either before I go or while I'm away (I hope to check e-mail at some point while I'm gone).

It's going to be a whirlwind trip with so much going on, and it's going to be a crazy travel trip, as there are many people going but in separate groups which are all going at different times by different means and taking different routes there and back and...ahhh! It's feeling confusing. I'm trying to filter out those things that I really do not need to keep track of so I can quit feeling unnecessarily stressed out.

Most importantly, I'm going to see my son for the first time in four months. He is officially a Marine now, having successfully completed The Crucible on Saturday. Everyone is going to be vying for his attention while we're away, and while "Mom" should come near the top of the list, I know even I will get trumped by his wife and son, which is as it should be. Honestly, I will be happy to just be in close proximity to him after all this time, to listen to his stories and to see his face.

No comments: